Chartered Manager (Facilities Management)
The Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (Facilities Management) is a trailblazer apprenticeship that has been developed by a group of employers, in liaison with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and higher education providers.
The apprenticeship provides an alternative to graduate recruitment and the opportunity to ‘grow your own’ talent. It includes a combination of work-based learning and business education, which leads to a BA (Honours) Professional Practice in Management and professional recognition through the award of Chartered Manager status (CMgr MCMI).
A range of contextualised modules are covered, providing progressive development for the students through each year of study, including
- Contemporary Business Environment
- Property Asset Management
- Managing Operations and the Supply Chain
- Innovation and Performance in FM
- Leadership in Contemporary Organisations
- Strategic Property Management
Our course will deliver against the nationally recognised Chartered Manager Apprenticeship Standard. The programme is suitable both for new recruits (eg school leavers entering into management positions) and for developing aspiring or existing managers already in employment who do not have a relevant management degree.
If you have 15 or more potential apprentices, we can tailor the programme to your business.
Course length and entry requirements
Successful participants will gain Chartered Manager Status (CMgr MCMI) and will be awarded a CMI Level 5 Diploma and a BA (Honours) Professional Practice in Management degree. The course typically takes three and a half years to complete.
Eligible candidates will meet the following entry requirements
- For school leavers as direct entrants into the business
- 112 UCAS points or equivalent with a minimum of 64 points from two A levels or equivalent
- For post experience applicants
- one A Level or equivalent and relevant work experience
In the absence of A levels, admission can be based on suitable work experience.
International applicants should meet the academic criteria and all requirements of Tier 4 visa for entry to the UK.
Benefits for your business
- Attract and retain the best young talent, supporting the youth employment agenda.
- Enhance your learning and development strategy by establishing a clear progression route for aspiring and established managers.
- New research from across 500 Chartered Managers reveals that, on average, they deliver over £390k of added value to their organisation (CMI).
Download the programme outline
Download the programme outline (PDF 66.7 KB) to see how apprenticeships can improve your business. You can also learn more about management apprenticeships on the CMI website.
Find out more about how higher and degree apprenticeships can have a positive impact on your business. You can also read about funding and incentives or explore other useful information, including policies and FAQs.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0114 225 5000 to speak to our apprenticeships team.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites.