Future Leaders Programme
As part of the Future Leaders Programme, we've launched a new course. It aims to strengthen business in the Sheffield City Region (SCR), and retain talent that might move elsewhere.
The PgDip Professional Practice in Organisational and Regional Change Leadership
This course is designed to create talented future leaders for the SCR. By enrolling your people on the course, you’ll drive your business’ growth and help to keep talent in the area.
The course will enable and inspire participants to lead organisational and regional change. It will also help them to develop a deep appreciation of the issues and opportunities facing the SCR.
Students on the PgDip will
- undertake independent and collaborative tasks to examine leadership and affect change in their own organisation, as well as others in the area
- study regional issues, with projects designed in collaboration with bodies such as the Local Enterprise Partnership
- develop as a professional and address their own leadership techniques and career ambitions
- attain detailed knowledge of regional systems, issues and opportunities
Course length and entry requirements
The course will combine study days (four to five per month initially, which will drop down to two) with in-work learning. Overall, the course will last for 18 months.
It is open to all talented people who are employed within the SCR — graduate or non-graduate.
An undergraduate degree (equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree 2.2 or above) is desirable but not essential.
All potential participants will be invited to a 3-way needs analysis with their employer, and a course academic to agree suitability, and gather evidence that they demonstrate
- ability to be thoughtful and self-reflective about their career journey, work methods and future aspirationsbeing reasonably well read in leadership and having an understanding of social systems change
- being encouraged and supported by their employer who is committed to the participants’ projects and the wider programme concept
- knowledge about SCR as a region and commitment towards its growth and development
Benefits to your business
As an employer, you will
- equip your staff will knowledge and skills to excel in your business
- help to keep talent in the area — this course is open to regional organisations only
- make a positive impact on the SCR
- learn how to coach your employees to greater success
- develop a cross-disciplinary network of experienced leaders
- benefit from a pool of talented participants to work on your projects
Fees and funding
The course fees for this course are £10,000. Funding of between 40-60% is available through Sheffield City Region Skillsbank.