Connected Manufacturing Workshop
Do you have digital skills and technology that can be applied to the manufacturing sector? Are you interested in finding out more about how manufacturing businesses work? Would you value the opportunity to innovate and collaborate with this sector to boost manufacturing and improve productivity?
The workshop will provide a unique insight into the manufacturing sector for digital businesses. A two-day programme, to be held on 8 and 15 March, includes sessions with specialist experts from both of Sheffield's university's focussed on digitisation for manufacturing, servitisation, digital transformation and cyber security in manufacturing, and the tools and technologies that can be applied.
There will also be presentations, with the opportunity for discussion from manufacturing businesses; these will focus on their ambitions and the opportunities for them in adopting digital innovations. You will also hear about digital projects and collaborations. This is an opportunity to find out what is important to manufacturing businesses and gain knowledge about the way in which they work.
There will be facilitated sessions over the two days to explore your ambitions and opportunities for innovation and collaboration. There will also be opportunities to meet and network with manufacturing businesses.
Facilitators for the two days include
- Ceri Batchelder, Business Owner, Connect & Create
- Professor John Clarke, Professor of Computing and Information Security, University of Sheffield (TUoS)
- Saul Cozens, Head of the Digital Hub, Home Office
- Jamie Hinton, CEO, Razor
- Alex Kelly, IT, Tinsley Bridge
- Alison Money, Events Development Manager, Sheffield Hallam University
- Dr Sara Mountney, Principle Lecturer and Subject Group Lead, Sheffield Hallam University
- Professor Terrence Perera, Practitioner in Systems Modelling and Simulation, Sheffield Hallam University
- Alex Prince, Head of Knowledge Exchange, Sheffield Hallam University
- Professor Sameh Saad, Chair in Enterprise Modelling and Management, Sheffield Hallam University
- Professor Ashutosh Tiwari, Airbus/RAEng Research Chair in Digitalisation for Manufacturing, TUoS