Fibre Reinforced Concrete and Recycled Fibres Workshop
As part of the Sheffield Innovation Programme, the team from iCAIR (The Integrated Civil and Infrastructure Research Centre) at the University of Sheffield are running a workshop on Fibre Reinforced Concrete and Recycled Fibres, aimed at driving innovation for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the Sheffield City Region. The event will take place on Friday 28 April.
Fibre-reinforced concrete (FRC) can increase the speed of construction and may even eliminate the need for conventional reinforcement.
The workshop will cover
- optimisation of fibre sorting and mixing methods
- experimental and analytical investigation of the structural performance of FRC
- development of innovative FRC products
- development of analysis and design tools
- industrially-produced glass and steel fibres as well as fibres produced from post-consumer products, such as tyres