The Internet of Things and Small Devices Workshop
Sheffield Hallam University in partnership with Digital Catapult is bringing the Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure to the Sheffield City Region. This end-to-end IoT infrastructure will be available to use for local businesses that intend to expand their IoT capacity.
The IoT has begun to significantly disrupt traditional business models across a variety of markets. Already early adopters have begun using IoT to gain a competitive advantage. As more businesses adopt IoT infrastructure and technologies, it will become crucial for business in every market in order to maximise future opportunities for business development. IoT is an important component of the fourth industrial revolution.
Would you like to
- Identify the benefits and opportunities that IoT can provide for your business?
- Understand the possible applications of IoT for your business?
- Gain insight into industry trends and best practices in order to choose the right way to implement IoT applications for your business?
- Understand IoT technologies, applications and meet potential partners to facilitate the initiation of IoT projects within your business?
- Gain access to academic experts who can help you to grow your business?
This workshop, run by the Sheffield Innovation Programme (SIP), will be delivered over two days (Thursday 30 November and Thursday 7 December, 10am–4pm) and will cover LPWAN technology, IoT applications, end-to-end infrastructure and communication. The sessions will involve hands-on training and will include theory, demonstrations and practical components. All training materials, slides and code examples will be made available to the delegates.
The workshop will be beneficial for any SME business actively seeking to expand their use of IoT. The sectors include manufacturing, digital, security, food engineering, museums and healthcare (not including the public sector).
Join us to explore the opportunities for your business.