Digital Innovation for Growth (DIfG)
Get free digital support for your business
Digital Innovation for Growth (DIfG) is a free service to help your SME make the most of digital technology — so you can grow your business, improve your products, maximise efficiency and adopt new ways of working.
It links your organisation with business experts from Sheffield Hallam University, and state-of-the-art design, prototyping and testing facilities at DMC 02 at Barnsley’s Digital Campus – The Seam.
The programme is available for SMEs across the Sheffield City Region, as well as Chesterfield, North-East Derbyshire, Derbyshire Dales, Bolsover and Bassetlaw.
Free consultancy and facilities
Our academic experts and business consultants can help you with techniques and processes such as:
- smart technologies —digital systems which monitor, learn and adapt to their environment
- system level electronic design and prototyping — a blend of off the shelf system components and custom designed circuitry
- data acquisition, monitoring and analysis — sensor technologies inside your system to optimise processes and maintenance
- systems integration —increase performance, efficiency and quality whilst reducing cost
- artificial intelligence – mirroring human skills and capabilities with technology
- formal analysis — employing mathematical tools for analysis and design
- data analytics — understanding and discovering more large and diverse data sets
- networks and cyber security — ensuring safe, secure and reliable communication and information exchange
- interaction design — ensuring that systems are well designed for their users’ needs and experiences
- embedded systems — designing dedicated systems inter-operating with and controlling devices and sensors
- software engineering — future proofing the design, development and integrity of software.
- mixed reality — combining virtual and the real in shared online virtual worlds.
If eligible, you’ll receive support from a Digital Innovation Adviser to help you find the right solution for your business.
About Digital Innovation for Growth
Digital Innovation for Growth (DIfG) is a new scheme from Sheffield Hallam University and Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council. It’s an £1.8m, 3-year programme, funded by the European Regional Development Fund. The programme has been launched to stimulate digital innovation in small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) from across the region.