Senior Leader (MA Leadership in Practice)
The Senior Leader Master's Degree Apprenticeship is suitable for leaders in any size of organisation in the private, public or third sector, who already have practical experience and wish to develop their theoretical understanding of advanced management skills.
It aims to develop those responsible for the overall performance and long-term sustainability of their organisation by
- improving personal effectiveness and ability to work at a strategic level
- recognising how strategy, culture and structure impacts on achievement of organisational objectives
- knowing how to support the organisation to get the right people in place and drive appropriate methods of performance management for individuals and teams
- developing ethical, innovative and supportive
Our course will deliver against the nationally recognised Level 7 Senior Leader Master Degree Apprenticeship Standard and on successful completion participants will gain the MA Leadership in Practice and professional body accreditation.
Alongside the core topic areas, participants will be required to complete an in-company applied business investigation, designed to deliver return on investment for the employing company.
If you have 15 or more potential apprentices, we can tailor a programme to your business.
Course length and entry requirements
The apprenticeship typically takes two and a half years to complete and consists of three independent stages – each one typically taking 9–12 months to complete.
The programme has been designed with flexibility at its core therefore, participants can step off the programme at key points if need be.
The usual entry requirements are
- GCSE (or equivalent) mathematics and English language at grade C or grade 4 or above – plus the following
- equivalent of an honours degree at 2:2 level or above (no specific subject); and
- minimum of two years senior managerial/leadership experience (with approximately five years of work experience) and currently in a senior management and/or leadership role
Applicants who do not meet the above academic criteria but have sufficient relevant experience in the workplace will be considered on an individual basis.
Benefits for your business
- Inspires participants to develop new ideas and think globally as well as locally.
- Motivates and incentivises organisations to drive positive change and retain the best talent.
- Innovative and flexible, the course offers tailored solutions to real-time business issues.
- Provides excellent opportunities to network, both during the programme and beyond.
Find out more about how higher and degree apprenticeships can have a positive impact on your business. You can also read about funding and incentives or explore other useful information, including policies and FAQs.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0114 225 5000 to speak to our apprenticeships team.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites.