Apply to be a RISE employer by July 29 2020
Sheffield Hallam University is a partner in RISE, which is part-funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. This unique project brings together growing small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) with suitably qualified graduates, enabling business growth and retaining graduate talent within the Sheffield City Region’s economy.
What is RISE?
RISE helps small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to grow by recruiting talented graduates. It’s delivered through a collaboration of the region’s local authorities, universities and a specialist private sector partner.
We help businesses across the region to stand out from the crowd — providing them with the skills and know-how they need to become a sought-after graduate employer.
Since 2013, we’ve supported more than 350 regional SMEs to recruit over 450 graduates. Many of those businesses have reported increases in turnover, productivity, innovation and growth.
Is your business eligible?
To be eligible, your business must
- be an SME based in the Sheffield City Region
- employ fewer than 250 people
- not routinely employ graduates
- be looking to create new graduate-level jobs
What do you get?
You’ll get support throughout the recruitment process, including
- consultancy and business support
- a high-profile regional campaign, across universities, social media and national graduate platforms
- a shortlist of candidates for final interview and assessment summaries
- a half-day induction event to help your new recruits settle in
- check-ins at 3 and 6 month touchpoints
- one-to-one support from our SME relationship managers
To join RISE you’ll need to commit to
- offering a graduate level job with an appropriate market salary and the intention of providing a minimum of 12-month contract
- working with us and our timelines around adverts and interviews to ensure we can deliver our service effectively
- ensuring a named line manager for your new starter attends the employer briefing session and your graduate attends the business induction day
- not advertising or seeking to fill the vacancy through other means at the same time as accessing this support
- providing your business information and signing forms confirming the support you have received from us to enable us to pay your grant
- attending 3-month and 6-month review meetings
To find out more about RISE, please contact
Rachael Frith – Employer Partnerships Officer
Sheffield Hallam University
0114 225 5000