As part of the University wide ‘Class of 2020’ offer, we are here to help you in your final year and beyond with dedicated careers support. We know these past couple of months have been tough so we want to help you in as many ways as possible with your next career steps, whether that’s finding a job or an internship, setting up your own business, or moving on to postgraduate study.
Digital Careers Tools
We have created a unique graduates page on Careers Centre 360, our online careers platform, with tailored online resource to help you with:
- your job search
- enterprising skills
- boosting your confidence
- your career development
We want to help you throughout your career journey, especially right now, to make sure you think about all of these things and put them into practice to find the right path for you.
Workshops and events
Whether you have a good idea of your next steps after graduating or feel that you are at a bit of a crossroads, understanding more about Labour Market Information (LMI) and developments in the national and local economy is vital. Attend interactive workshops and online panel discussions with employers, recruiters, and other guest speakers to help you expand your knowledge and prepare for your future career.
See up-coming workshops on UniHub.
Our Employability Advisers are here to help you with your next steps, whether that be securing a graduate job, thinking about further study or even just figuring out what you want to do.
- Reflect on the skills and behaviours you have developed through your life experience (including study, work, volunteering and extracurricular activities) to explore future career pathways
- Provide tailored advice and feedback on job and postgrad applications, CVs, cover letters, psychometric tests, assessment centres and more
- Support with preparation for job interviews or assessment centres through one-to-one appointments or bespoke practice interviews
- Utilise LinkedIn for networking and job search purposes, researching sectors and creating speculative job applications
Book an appointment with an Employability Adviser
Hallam Graduate Start-ups
Innovation is going to be essential to help recharge the UK economy, so why not use this time to consider pursuing your own business venture? The Enterprise Team offer a range of support as part of their ‘Hallam Graduate Start-Ups’ package, including 1-1 business advice, access to funding, networking opportunities, online workshops and much more!
The Hallam Collective is an online global network open to all Hallam alumni to help develop connections. You can register and create your own profile detailing your education and employment, and then begin searching through the directory, and message individuals, if you so wish.
Being a part of the Hallam Collective provides you with access to other Class of 2020 grads, as well as alumni who are now working within industry. You can use the platform to:
- Expand your network
- Explore different career options or areas which interest you
- Gain information and advice on how to progress into industry
- Undertake a mentoring partnership
- Gain work experience to add to your CV
Register on the Hallam Collective platform