Research support team
Situated within the Research and Innovation Office, the Research Support Team aims to maximise the University's research potential through external funding for pure and applied research.
The Research Support Team provides pre-award support to the University's research community including:
- the provision of funding intelligence, including advice on targeting the right opportunities and funder requirements
- the full economic costing of all UK and international regulated funders
- individually tailored application support including help with writing applications, University authorisation procedures, electronic submission systems, and funder liaison
- contract negotiation around research grant conditions and collaboration agreements
- assistance with external reporting including the co-ordination of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) submission
- facilitating research strategy and governance through our involvement in the University's Research Ethics Committee, the Research and Innovation Committee and the REF Implementation Group.
- providing a number of research-related training and development events
For further advice or assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org