BA International Business with Specialism 1 Year Top-Up
- Full-time study
- Start in January 2021
Top up your existing qualifications to an honours degree with these 1 year top-up courses.
On these courses you develop expertise in contemporary global business issues while studying a specialist area of interest - helping you graduate with the academic grounding and real-world expertise for a career in International Business.
'International Business' covers a wide range of business transactions and activities that cross national borders and, therefore, expose firms to different country contexts. This includes international trade in goods and services, cross-border investment, international entrepreneurship, international sales and marketing, global sourcing, and offshoring. These activities are particularly associated with multinational enterprises but also increasingly involve smaller firms and entrepreneurial ventures.
In addition to a foundation in International Business, these courses enable you to select an area of specialism to study such as finance, marketing or management - creating courses that are specifically designed to meet market needs and create employable candidates.
- Convert your existing academic credits into a full honours degree
- Advance your skills, knowledge and career prospects in International Business
- Develop a deep understanding of a specialist area of your choice
- Apply your theory in practical projects and learn from real world experience
The full-time top-up courses available for January start 2021 are
- BA (Hons) International Business with Finance (1 year Top-Up)
- BA (Hons) International Business with Marketing (1 year Top-Up)
- BA (Hons) International Business with Management (1 year Top-Up)
- BA (Hons) International Business with event Management (1 year Top-Up)
- BA (Hons) International Business with hospitality Management (1 year Top-Up)
- BA (Hons) International Business with Food Marketing Management (1 year Top-Up)
- BA (Hons) International Business with Tourism Management (1 year Top-Up)
How you learn
These courses offer core topics in International Business, as well as separate specialist pathway topics to account for different interests and career choices.
You’ll be taught by experienced academics and business practitioners, and each module is geared toward the real-world application of theory and academic skills.
You learn through
- research-focused project reports
- lectures and seminars
- presentations to peers, academics and business clients
- reflective practitioner tasks
- essays and assignments
- case studies and problem solving exercises
If you are looking to study for a masters degree later in the year, you may wish to take advantage of the work experience route instead. This involves undertaking some work experience prior to commencing a higher degree, with support provided by our award winning Careers and Employability team (AGCAS 2020) who offer a lifetime of support to graduates.
Our expert Employability Advisers can help you enhance your employability by providing a range of facilities and services to enable you to make well-informed decisions about your current and future plans. We work in partnership with local, national and international recruiters and have strong links with Sheffield City Region to ensure the best work experience opportunities are available for our students and graduates.
Although we are currently operating virtually, we are still able to offer a full range of services including one-to-one appointments, practice interviews, webinars, career mentoring and employer events, all bookable through UniHub. Students and graduates can also access our new and exclusive digital tools and resources on our Careers Centre 360 platform.
When studying on any of the top-up courses, you have an academic and professional adviser to support your progress and help you develop your academic skills. There are also student-led societies relating to the industry which arrange social events and occasionally host guest lectures from academic experts and industry practitioners.
Based on the specialist route you choose to take this course also prepares you for the following career opportunities in one of the following
- Marketing, communications and advertising
- Purchasing, logistics/distribution and supply chain management
- Export coordination
- Account, brand, and product management
- Hospitality management
- Events management
- Tourism management
- Food marketing management
Previous graduates of similar courses have gone on to work for
- Royal Mail
- La Rosa
- IBM UK
- Royal Bank of Scotland
How to apply
More details about course fees and entry requirements for these courses will be soon available on our website. For any questions about these courses please contact our Admissions team on email@example.com or by calling +44 (0)114 225 5555.