CertHE High Speed Rail and Infrastructure
Gain the specialist training you need for work or further study in the high speed rail and infrastructure sector.
This course is full-time and runs over a 1-year period.
- Gain the professional and technical skills required in the high speed rail sector
- Learn and apply science, IT and mathematics skills to railway engineering
- Benefit from embedded course contact with industry employers
- Manage projects to successful conclusions, using appropriate tools
This course leads to progression on to the level 5 Foundation Degree in High Speed Rail and Infrastructure, which leads to a level 6 BSc Top-Up degree in High Speed Rail and Infrastructure.
How you learn
On this course, you'll gain the specialist knowledge you need to work on projects such as HS2, as well as future high speed rail plans. You'll utilise real industrial scenarios in cutting-edge facilities, based in the National College for Advanced Transport & Infrastructure campuses, and benefit from close industry ties.
You learn through
- Lectures and seminars
- Practical projects
- Creation and analysis of complex industrial documents
The course offers a wealth of real-world experience, and the majority of your studies will be based on real scenarios.
Embedded delivery and contact with employers throughout the course supports students to develop technical skills and generic employability skills to enable them to progress into sustainable careers.
This course prepares learners for a career in high speed rail infrastructure network. Employers in this area include
- Network Rail
- Balfour Beatty
- Other suppliers to the rail infrastructure network
Where will I study?
Equipment and facilities
On this course you work with
- Cutting-edge facilities at the National College for Advanced Transport and Infrastructure campuses
- 2 A levels at grade C or above
- BTEC National Extended Diploma MPP or above
- BTEC National Diploma MM or above
- Equivalent qualifications
- GCSE English at grade C or 4 or equivalents
- GCSE Maths at grade C or 4 or equivalents
Fees and funding
Our tuition fee for UK/EU students starting full-time study in 2020/21 is £9,250 per year.
† If you are studying an undergraduate course or postgraduate research course over more than one academic year then your tuition fees may increase in subsequent years in line with Government regulations or UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) published fees. More information can be found in our terms and conditions under student fees regulations.
Any offer of a place to study is subject to your acceptance of the University’s Terms and Conditions and Student Regulations.