See an advisor
Not sure what you want to do next?
If you are still undecided about your future plans, or uncertain about
- which opportunities might suit you best
- which direction you want to take
- how best to achieve your goals
or not sure whether to
- consider postgraduate study
- take some time out
have a discussion with one of our careers advisers.
Know what you want but need help getting there?
For those of you with a clearer idea of what you are looking for, our employment advisers will be available every day to offer individual practical support in your search for work including
- health checking your CV and application forms
- where to look for vacancies
- how to develop your networks
- job seeking in the local region
- mock interview sessions so you can practice before the actual event
- series of sessions to get you up to speed with the key skills and attitudes that employers are looking for in their graduate recruits: commercial awareness, how to manage a project, understand finance.
If you are interested in self employment or freelancing we can arrange for you to speak with a specialist adviser from our Enterprise Centre.
Appointments are available each weekday at both campuses (Collegiate during semester time only). Call in to the Careers Centre at City Campus or Student and Learning Services at Collegiate Campus to make an appointment, or contact us on 0114 225 3752.
We offer careers guidance at different times during university vacations, and we close on bank holidays and university closed days. Please contact us to find out more about when our service operates.
No longer live in Sheffield?
If you are a Sheffield Hallam graduate who has returned home to another part of the country, you can still book a phone or Skype appointment with a careers adviser by calling 0114 225 3752 or contact us via email.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites