The application process
1. Once you’ve decided you’d like to study abroad, take a look at your options and where you can go. You can find this information through our partner institution page.
2. Research our partner institutions and destination countries, making sure you’re aware of the cost of living, accommodation and travel, as well as any visa or health insurance costs.
3. At this point you might want to get some advice by making an appointment with the International Experience Team or your College mobility coordinator.
4. When you’ve made your choice, complete an expression of interest form. You can select up to three universities in your preferred order. We recommend you only choose one non-European institution to increase your chances of getting a place. If you want to study abroad in the 2021/22 academic year, the deadline for submitting your expression of interest form is 9 May 2021.
5. Places are allocated following University selection criteria. You’ll be notified of your allocated university during the week commencing 17 May 2021.
6. Accept or decline your allocation by 26 May 2021.
7. Apply to the partner institution. You won’t need to do this until autumn (September/October) ahead of your semester 2 study abroad placement. You can get further information and guidance from your College mobility co-ordinator.