Support service for students
Tuesday 21 July 2020
Online Learning Support
- You may find this student toolkit for remote learning blog post of use to help with planning your workload, scheduling meetings and collaborative working with your peers online for group work.
- You may find this student blog for remote learning very useful. It includes tips on motivation, learning, peer support and socialising.
- Student financial support continues to be available. Students should continue to contact Hallam Help with any financial support queries. Please let us know if you require urgent financial assistance.
- Telephone appointments are available for complex funding queries.
- The Government have published guidance for current students on how funding may be affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If you are experiencing financial difficulties due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), information and useful links and can found here.
- If you have experienced unforeseen financial difficulties the Hallam Hardship Fund remains open.
International Experience Team
- Individual Skype appointments, are available for emergency support and visa enquiries
- The International Experience Team are available on Skype for general enquiries, @SHUISST Monday – Friday 11am – 12pm. Just send a message with your student number and we will call you back – no need to book!
- IET social events programme, including Conversation Club and Virtual Buddies, will be running online via Zoom.
- The Student Wellbeing Service continues to offer support to students during this difficult time. You can contact the service here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- From Monday 23 March students will be able to self register with the Student Wellbeing Service here in order to access support.
Disabled Student Support (DSS)
- The Disabled Student Support Service is available to offer advice and guidance with your disability support, learning contract or your study needs assessments
- During this time telephone appointments are available with Disabled Student Support Advisers.
- In order to speak to us or arrange an appointment contact Hallam Help
- Students can continue to book their Study Needs Assessments directly by phoning 0114 225 3623 from 10am to 3pm. After this time your call will be picked up by voicemail. If this happens, please do leave a message and someone will get back to you. Students must have applied for Disability Students Allowances
Careers and employability
- You can still access one to one appointments via telephone or Zoom to talk through your career plans, any worries about your next steps and for help navigating the online recruitment process. You can book these online via UniHub or on 0114 225 3752
- Employers are also going virtual, so don’t forget that you can access our digital careers tools to help you best prepare and to give you an insight into how employers are recruiting at this time.
- If you're wanting to do some career-building activities at home, check out our online workshops
- You can get in touch for any career enquiries at email@example.com or phone us on 0114 225 3752
- Please be advised that the Muslim Council for Britain is currently asking all Muslims to pray at home if possible.
- We acknowledge that there may be times when this is not possible and so the Library prayer room is available.
- If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Print Shop is currently closed. Staff are working remotely and managing customer enquiries via email. Students should send all enquiries via email to email@example.com The Print Shop will respond to all emails within 24 hours. We can advise you on all aspects related to preparing your document for print and how to print it when we reopen.
- Students can obtain a quote by clicking on order online, there is no need to upload your file for a quote, just select the product you require, add in all the relevant details e.g. number of pages, quantity and select the media and other options down the left hand side.
- Students can also place work by clicking order online if the delivery / collection date is not critical, we will print it as soon as we return.