Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting
About Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting
- Learn the key positions for coaching both the Snatch and the Clean and Jerk
- Learn the processes and principles of coaching Weight Lifting to adults and children
- Learn the principles of planning, delivering and evaluating coaching activities in Weight Lifting
- Learn how to effectively assist more qualified coaches, delivering aspects of coaching sessions, normally under direct supervision
Who is it designed for?
The UKCC Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting is an entry level course suitable for those who are new to coaching, but have some knowledge of the sport and would like to learn how to apply that in a coaching environment.
Candidates are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course
- have some experience of the lifts and weight lifting
Course structure and delivery
The UKCC endorsed Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting will be delivered by an accredited British Weight Lifting tutor. Achievement of the qualification is