Performance Athlete Support Programme
Our Performance Athlete Support Programme allows talented student athletes to balance university life whilst achieving their sporting potential.
- new September 2020 undergraduate applicants – Friday 29 May
- current Sheffield Hallam students – Friday 29 May
- new Postgraduate applications – Friday 24 July
- clearing applications may be considered until Friday 21 August
Performance athlete scholarships
Students on the programme are awarded financial assistance to help with costs such as course fees, accommodation, sport science support or competition expenses.
Our comprehensive support package
The programme's support package is worth up to £3,000 and includes:
- Financial support of up to £1000
- Team Hallam membership (BUCS training, facility usage, travel, insurance and coaching)
- Unlimited access to our sport and fitness facilities and programmes
- Bespoke strength and conditioning programmes and testing
- Physiotherapy including screening, massage, prehab and reactive services
- Sports psychology and lifestyle one-to-ones
- Lifestyle workshops and one-to-ones
- Nutrition workshops and one-to-ones
- Anti-doping workshops and support
- An online athlete monitoring platform
- Financial assistance towards competing in BUCS competitions and international student competitions
- A commitment to academic flexibility to ensure you can compete and train whilst completing your degree
- Performance Athlete squad kit
Performance Athlete Support Programme application
All applications are considered and reviewed against set criteria by the University's Sports Scholarship Award panel. You will be informed if your application is successful as soon as possible.
We accept applications from students in all years of study, including postgraduate and part-time studies, and from every programme area and faculty, including international students.
You need to re-apply for each year of your studies.
Applications received without the required references/evidence will not be considered. Please give as many details as possible.