Performance Athlete Support Programme
Our Performance Athlete Support Programme allows talented student athletes to balance university life whilst achieving their sporting potential.
- New September 2018 undergraduate applicants – Friday 8 June **closing date extended**
- Current Sheffield Hallam students – Friday 8 June **closing date extended**
- New Postgraduate applications – Friday 27 July
- Clearing applications may be considered until Friday 24 August
Performance athlete scholarships
Students on the programme are awarded financial assistance to help with costs such as course fees, accommodation, sport science support or competition expenses.
- PASP Gold scholars receive up to £6,000 plus the support package
- PASP Silver scholars receive up to £4,000 plus the support package
- PASP Bronze scholars receive up to £2,000 plus the support package
- PASP Squad members receive the support package only
Our comprehensive support package
The programme's support package is worth £2,500 and includes:
- Team Hallam membership (BUCS training, travel, insurance and coaching)
- unlimited access to our sport and fitness facilities and programmes
- free physiotherapy including screening, massage, prehab and reactive services
- sports psychology and lifestyle one-to-ones
- nutrition and anti-doping workshops and podcasts
- an online athlete monitoring platform
- financial assistance towards competing in BUCS competitions
- a commitment to academic flexibility to ensure you can compete
- a Performance Athlete squad kit
Performance Athlete Support Programme application
All applications are considered and reviewed against set criteria by the University's Sports Scholarship Award panel. You will be informed if your application is successful as soon as possible.
We accept applications from students in all years of study, including postgraduate and part-time studies, and from every programme area and faculty, including international students.
You need to re-apply for each year of your studies.
Applications received without the required references/evidence will not be considered. Please give as many details as possible.