Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre
At Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre we undertake study needs assessments for disabled students and students with specific learning difficulties. We can assess you if you are already in higher education or if you are planning to go university. These assessments are funded through the Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA).
Why choose the Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre?
- Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre is based at Sheffield Hallam University, city Campus. It is within 5 minutes walking distance of the train station and has extensive convenient parking facilities. Our other site at Collegiate Crescent (off Ecclesall Road) is conveniently close to student accommodation for both Sheffield Hallam and University of Sheffield students, and may be closer for those travelling via car from the south.
- We have an excellent relationship with the Disability Support Teams at many HEI institutions, including Sheffield Hallam University and University of Sheffield. We regularly liaise with the relevant staff to ensure our knowledge of your university is correct and up-to-date.
- We provide bespoke study needs assessments that focus on your needs.
- Our highly trained assessors have extensive experience of working with and assessing disabled students. They also have a broad knowledge of assistive technologies and support strategies.
- We get excellent feedback and encourage students to share their thoughts about us so we can continually improve on our services
- We are on the list of registered assessment centres of the DSA Quality Assurance Group and we are also members of the National Network of Assessment Centres.
To book a Study Needs Assessment or if you have any questions please contact us.
Study needs assessment appointment availability update
As of Monday 4 December 2017
Autism Spectrum: Monday 18 December 2017
Dyslexia/SpLD: Tuesday 19 December 2017
Hearing Impaired: Thursday 4 January 2018
Medical: Tuesday 2 January 2018
Mental Health: Wednesday 3 January 2018
Physical: Tuesday 2 January 2018
Visual Impairment: Wednesday 3 January 2018
Please note that this availability may change and slots may become available sooner. Please call us on 0114 225 3623 for up-to-date availability.