Why choose the Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre?
The Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre (SRAC) is based at Sheffield Hallam University.
Our Main Centre is based at our City Campus which is within 5 minutes walking distance of the train station and has extensive convenient parking facilities.
We also have an Outreach Centre at Collegiate Campus which is conveniently close to student accommodation for both Sheffield Hallam and University of Sheffield students, and may be closer for those travelling via car from the south.
- We have an excellent relationship with the Disability Support Teams at many HEI institutions, including Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Sheffield. We regularly liaise with the relevant staff to ensure our knowledge of your university is correct and up-to-date.
- You can make an appointment with us regardless of where you live or study and we can assess you if you are already in higher education or are planning to go to university and have applied for Disabled Students' Allowances.
- We offer face to face appointments at both our centres Monday- Friday and we also undertake telephone appointments for students that are eligible for a review of their needs.
- If you'd like to have your needs assessment at SRAC but you've got far to travel, you can get any travel cost you incur to get to your assessment reimbursed through DSA.
- We provide bespoke study needs assessments that focus on your needs.
- Our highly trained assessors have extensive experience of working with and assessing disabled students. They also have a broad knowledge of assistive technologies and support strategies.
- We get excellent feedback and encourage students to share their thoughts about us so we can continually improve on our services.
- We are on the list of registered assessment centres of the DSA Quality Assurance Group and we are also members of the National Network of Assessment Centres.