Skip to content

Medical conditions and physical disabilities

We provide support for a wide range of medical conditions, including

  • arthritis
  • cerebral palsy
  • chronic fatigue syndrome
  • Crohn's disease
  • epilepsy
  • fibromyalgia
  • muscular dystrophy
  • POTS
  • scoliosis
  • spina bifida

This list is not exhaustive. If you are in any doubt please contact us.

What support is available?

We can provide practical support with your course through a learning contract. This is a document to inform tutors and other staff in the university about what support you need and who should provide it.

Support can be provided for lectures and seminars, assignments and exams. It can include

  • travel minimised between your teaching sessions
  • extra time for coursework and exams
  • the use of a computer in your exams

UK students can apply for Disabled Students' Allowance, and may receive additional support including

  • support workers like a mentor, or study skills tutor
  • equipment, like a digital recorder
  • software - such as mind-mapping or text-to-speech software

What evidence do I need to get support?

You wil need to give us a copy of a letter from your GP which includes

  • the diagnosis
  • the duration of the symptoms
  • details, where appropriate, of any medication and any reported side affects
  • the impact of the condition on your studies

If you do not already have medical evidence we recommend taking this form to your GP. It provides evidence in a format accepted by the main funding bodies.

How do I send you my medical evidence?

Click here for more information.

Share this page

Cancel event

Are you sure you want to cancel your place on Saturday 12 November?