At Sheffield Hallam your feedback makes a real difference. With your input, we can work together to improve the student experience for everyone.
Your voice makes a real difference
We collect your feedback in several ways throughout your time with us and this is used to improve your student experience. In response to your feedback, we have invested in what matters to you and improved the areas you felt could be better. Find out how your voice makes a real difference.
Have your say through student surveys
We work in partnership with you to evaluate and improve the quality of University life by asking you to complete surveys. They don't take long to complete, and the results are used to make the changes you want to see.
Undergraduate student surveys
The National Student Survey (NSS) asks final year undergraduate students across the country to reflect on their university experience. It is run by an independent agency and approved by the University.
The results from the National Student Survey are published throughout the UK every year. This is your opportunity to shout about what Sheffield Hallam has done for you.
The UK Engagement Survey (UKES) asks undergraduate students for feedback. It is run by an independent agency and approved by the University. The results allow the University to reflect upon student responses and implement changes that will benefit you as you move through your student journey.
Postgraduate student surveys
There are two surveys for postgraduate students run by the Higher Education Academy.
- Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) – this annual survey asks for feedback from students on taught postgraduate courses, like a masters.
- Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) – this annual survey collects the experiences of postgraduate research students.
- Module Evaluation Questionnaires (MEQs) - after each module you will be given the opportunity to give anonymous feedback and no one will be able to identify you from any response.
Other ways you can make a difference
You can share your views about your University experiences by
- volunteering to become a student rep to represent the views of your fellow students
- joining committees, working groups and forums.
Visit the Sheffield Hallam Students' Union web pages to find out more about how to make your voice heard.