Your voice makes a real difference
In response to your feedback* we have invested in what matters to you and improved the areas you felt could be better.
We are improving your teaching and assessment experience.
- Inspirational Teaching Awards for staff are chosen by you each year.
- more teaching staff are achieving professional recognition for their teaching.
- we provide an assessment schedule at the start the academic year so you know when assignments are due.
- your assessment results are clear and accessible through My Student Record.
We are supporting you in your studies
- academic advisors provide academic support to every student
- information advisors in our libraries can help you find the information you need
- our Student Support Services and the Students' Union Advice Centres provide a range of specialist support which is available to all students
- careers and employment advisors provide support both locally and through Careers Connect
We are investing in the facilities you value and making them more accessible.
- The Campus Masterplan was announced in February 2018 and will see the creation of a state-of-the-art, sustainable campus featuring a series of new buildings created next to green spaces.
- Our £27m Heart of the Campus building provides excellent teaching and social spaces.
- £30m has been invested into the purpose building Charles Street building which is home to the Sheffield Institute of Education.
- Construction began in October 2018 on Sheffield Hallam University's National Centre of Excellence for Food Engineering which is due to open in the summer of 2019.
- Following a £9m renovation the former Head Post Office is now home to the Sheffield Institute of Arts
- The libraries on both campuses are open 24 hours a day, all year round
- The £6m development of the Sports Park at Bawtry Road provides modern sports facilities for any student with an interest in sport.
- Careers Connect contains resources and employment advisers who support you with finding work.
We are providing more resources that support your learning and making them easier to find.
- resources list online ensures texts recommended by staff are available.
- we've increased the number of computers and provided more specialist software.
- you can borrow laptops from the libraries and across campus we can help you find free computers via the SHUgo app.
- all your Blackboard sites and resources from previous years are available.
We are working with partners to provide activities that add value to your course and University experience.
- more courses now support academic societies.
- SHU GoGlobal provides events and opportunities for students from all cultures.
- we are working with your Students' Union to develop the course representative system.
- Hallam Award recognises skills developed through extra-curricular activities.
- The Snug private sector housing scheme makes sure our students have access to good quality, safe accommodation in the private sector.
Sources of student feedback*