Resources for Practice Educators: Social Work
With the permission of presenters below several conference resources from practice educator conferences and the research café.
Social Work Practice Educator Conference 2019
- Programme - 12 June 2019 Social Work Practice Educators Conference (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Keynote - Social Work England: Intentions and Aspirations (PDF, 6.8MB)Sarah Blackmore, Executive Director of Standards, Social Work England
- Keynote - Having Courageous Conversations in Practice: Feelings, Failings and Frustrations (PDF, 3MB) Dr Jo Finch, Reader in Social Work and Deputy Director of the Centre for Social Work Research, University of East London
- Interactive Discussion - Using SHARE in Practice Education (PDF, 3.3MB) (Reflective Grid (PDF, 48.2KB); Grid (PDF, 95.7KB)) Dr Jo Finch, Reader in Social Work and Deputy Director of the Centre for Social Work Research, University of East London
- Workshop Presentation - BAME Students: "Surviving Not thriving': How We Build Trust in Our Practice Placements (PDF, 1.3MB) Professor Julie Nightingale, Sheffield Hallam University
- Workshop Presentation - Mental Health and Resilience (PDF, 1.9MB) Jude Mitchell, Sheffield Hallam University
Social Work Practice Educator Conference 2018
- Keynote - Social Work in 40 Objects: Professional Identity through Objects and Storytelling (PDF, 4.1MB) Professor Mark Doel, Emeritus Professor of Social Work at Sheffield Hallam University
- Keynote - Is Child Obesity a Child Protection Concern? (PDF, 831.2KB) Dr Pete Nelson, Principal Lecturer within the Social Work, Social Care and Community Studies Department at Sheffield Hallam University
- Keynote - The Importance of Safeguarding in Professional Social Work Practice (PDF, 276.6KB) Wendy Zayne (Child Protection) and Suzannah Rockett (Practice Development Manager), Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
- Keynote - Social Work and Third Sector Organisations (PDF, 1.3MB) Steve Chu, Chief Executive at Age UK Sheffield
- Workshop - Social Work Students: Perception of their Readiness for Practice and to Practise (PDF, 1.2MB) Facilitated by Dr Marelize Joubert, Senior Lecturer in Social Work, Sheffield Hallam University
- Workshop - The Direct Observation and its Vital Role for the Practice Educator (PDF, 2.8MB) Facilitated by Chrissie Edmonds, Senior Lecturer in Social Work, Sheffield Hallam University
Resources for Practice Educators
The Department of Social Work, Social Care and Community Studies Research Cafe
- September 2017 (PDF, 259.9KB) - here you can find Ignazia Bartholini, Senior researcher – University of Palermo's presentation on The intimate enemy: Gender violence between Public Emancipation and Private Oppression of Love. Models of prevention.
- November 2018 (PDF, 1.5MB) - here you can find the presentation by Marti Taru, Researcher - Tallinn University, Youth work: Impacts and role in society.