Students who perform well in the following qualifications will be considered for entry onto Sheffield Hallam undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses.
All of our courses require different levels of qualifications for entry and the details below are for guidance only.
Entry on to the first year of an undergraduate degree (Bachelor Degree)
- A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) at good grades. Please refer to our course pages for the correct UCAS tariff
- Applicants with a West African Senior School Certificate will be considered for entry on to a foundation programme
- Applicants with a NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) will be considered for entry on to year one of an undergraduate programme
If you do not meet the academic and English entry requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate degree you can consider studying our International Foundation Programme in Art, Design and Media or Business, Law and Social Sciences. On successful completion you can progress onto your chosen degree.
Advanced entry on to Year 2 or Year 3 of an undergraduate degree
- Applicants with a HND will be considered for entry to top-up programmes or for entry on to programmes at undergraduate level (Level 4 and 5)
Entry onto postgraduate taught degrees (Masters Degree)
- Applicants with a Higher Diploma and significant work experience in the relevant programme area will be considered for entry on to programmes at postgraduate level.
- Applicants with a four year Bachelor degree will be considered for entry on to programmes at postgraduate level.
If you do not meet the academic and English language requirements, you can consider studying our Graduate Diploma Business and English (pre-masters course). On successful completion you can progress onto a range of business, management, finance or related masters.
Entry onto postgraduate research degrees (MPhil/PhD)
- Applicants with a Masters degree, from a recognised university, including a formal research proposal will be considered for PhD research study
English language requirements
- All applicants are required to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification, such as IELTS or TOEFL, before entering on to a University undergraduate or postgraduate programme. As a guideline the minimum IELTS requirement is IELTS 5.5 for Graduate Diploma/Pre-masters programmes, and IELTS 6.0 for other academic programmes. Please note that some courses may have higher English language requirements.
- For Ghanaian applicants, the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) in English language with a minimum score of C6 is accepted in place of IELTS/TOEFL as evidence of English language proficiency.
Please check our English language page for further details.
You can find further information on all our undergraduate and postgraduate courses on our online prospectus.
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact our Africa office for more information:
Telephone: + 234 1 342 9855