Qualifications for entry for students from Nigeria
Students who perform well in the following qualifications will be considered for entry onto Sheffield Hallam undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses.
All of our courses require different levels of qualifications for entry and the details below are for guidance only.
Entry onto the first year of an undergraduate degree (Bachelor Degree)
- A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) at good grades. Please refer to our course pages for the correct UCAS tariff
- Applicants with a West African Senior School Certificate to be considered for entry onto a foundation programme
- Applicants with a NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) would be considered for entry on to year one of undergraduate programme
- Applicants with a Nigerian Certificate of Education would be considered for entry onto Level 4 undergraduate programmes
- Applicants completing year 1 of a Nigerian Bachelor degree will be considered for entry onto Level 4 undergraduate programmes
If you do not meet the academic and English entry requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate degree you can consider studying our International Foundation Programme in Art, Design and Media or Business, Law and Social Sciences. On successful completion you can progress onto your chosen degree.
Advanced entry onto year two or year three of an undergraduate degree
- Applicants with a Nigerian HND will be considered for entry onto year three of an undergraduate degree.
Entry onto postgraduate taught degrees (Master's Degree)
- Applicants with a Higher Diploma and significant work experience in the relevant programme area to be considered for entry onto programmes at postgraduate level.
- Applicants with a four year Bachelor degree would be considered for entry onto programmes at postgraduate level.
If you do not meet the academic and English language requirements, you can consider studying our Graduate Diploma Business and English (pre-masters course). On successful completion you can progress onto a range of business, management, finance or related masters.
Entry onto postgraduate research degrees (MPhil/PhD)
- Applicants with a Masters degree, from a recognised university, including a formal research proposal would be considered for PhD research study
English language requirements
- All applicants are required to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification, such as IELTS or TOEFL, before entering a University undergraduate or postgraduate programme. As a guideline the minimum IELTS requirement is IELTS 5.5 for Graduate Diploma / Pre-masters programmes, and IELTS 6.0 for other academic programmes. Please note that some courses may have higher English language requirements
- For Nigerian applicants, the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) in English language with a minimum score of C6 is accepted in place of IELTS/TOEFL as evidence of English language proficiency
You can find further information on all our undergraduate and postgraduate courses on our online prospectus
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact our Nigeria Office for more information:
Telephone: 01 342 9855 / 08074094965 / 08074094970
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites