Skip to content

  1. International students
  2. Spain
  3. Entry requirements

Entry requirements for students from Spain

All of our courses require different levels of qualifications for entry and the details provided below are for guidance only.

Undergraduate programmes

The following qualifications from Spain will be considered for entry on to Undergraduate programmes

Título de Bachiller, when completed alongside the Prueba de Acceso a la Universidad (PAU). The following table can be used to work out the UCAS tariff equivalent of your Spanish grades

Título de Bachiller & PAU GPA UCAS tariff points equivalence
5 140
5.2 160
5.4 180
5.6 200
5.8 220
6 240
6.2 260
6.4 280
6.6 300
6.8 320
7 340
7.2 360
7.6 400
7.8 420
8 440
8.2 460
8.4 480
8.6 500
8.8 520
9 540
9.2 560
9.4 580
9.6 600
9.8 620
10 >620

If you have completed the Título de Técnico Superior, you may be eligible for advanced entry onto the second year of a relevant undergraduate programme at Sheffield Hallam, dependent on the subject area.

Sheffield Hallam welcomes applications from international school students taking the International Baccalaureate Diploma and those achieving 28 points or more will usually be successful in obtaining an offer of a place on our undergraduate programmes. For information about IB points equivalencies against the UCAS tariff please visit the UCAS website.

Postgraduate taught programmes (masters)

The following qualifications from Spain will be considered for entry on to postgraduate taught programmes, dependent on your GPA, other experience and the individual entry criteria of the course:

  • Título Universitario Oficial de Arquitecto Técnico
  • Título Universitario Oficial de Graduado en (subject area)
  • Título Universitario Oficial de Ingeniero Técnico
  • Título Universitario Oficial de Licenciado / Ingeniero / Arquitecto (Licenciatura)

We may also accept alternative qualifications for entry on to our courses other than what is mentioned above. For advice on qualifications please contact us by email

Postgraduate research programmes

The following qualifications from Spain will be considered towards entry onto postgraduate research programmes (MPhil/PhD)

  • Título Universitario Oficial de Máster (Máster Universitario)

In most cases, students are required to submit a full application for PhD study, including a formal research proposal.

English language

All applicants are required to gain a recognised English language qualification before entering any of our courses. For pre-sessional English programmes and courses below degree level, this must be one from a list of UK government recognised tests, most commonly IELTS. For degree level programmes (bachelors, masters and PhD), we consider a wide range of international qualifications. Please check the course entry qualification on our online prospectus and our English language page for full details.

Share this page

Cancel event

Are you sure you want to cancel your place on Saturday 12 November?