Entry requirements for students from Saudi Arabia
Students who perform well in the following qualifications will be considered for entry onto Sheffield Hallam undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses.
All of our courses require different levels of qualifications for entry and the details below are for guidance only.
Entry onto the first year of an undergraduate degree (Bachelor Degree)
- A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) at good grades. Please refer to our course pages for the correct UCAS tariff.
- Applicants with a General Secondary Education Certificate to be considered for entry onto a foundation programme.
- Applicants with a Secondary Institute Diploma to be considered for entry onto a foundation programme.
- Applicants with a Technical Diploma would be considered for entry onto Level 4 undergraduate programmes. Lower grades would be required to undertake a foundation programme.
If you do not meet the academic and English entry requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate degree you can consider studying our International Foundation Programme in Art, Design and Media or Business, Law and Social Sciences, and Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. On successful completion you can progress onto your chosen degree.
Entry onto postgraduate taught degrees (Master's Degree)
- Applicants with a four year Bachelor degree would be considered for entry to programmes at postgraduate level.
If you do not meet the academic and English language requirements, you can consider studying our Graduate Certificate International Pre-Masters in Business and English. On successful completion you can progress onto a range of business, management, finance or related masters.
Entry onto postgraduate research degrees (MPhil / PhD)
- Applicants with a Masters degree, from a recognised university, including a formal research proposal would be considered for PhD research study.
English language requirements
- All applicants are required to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification before entering a University undergraduate or postgraduate programme, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- As a guideline the minimum IELTS requirement is IELTS 5.5 for pre-masters programmes, and IELTS 6.0 for other academic programmes. Please note that some courses may have higher English language requirements.
Please check our English language page for further details.
You can find further information on all our undergraduate and postgraduate courses on our online prospectus.
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact us for more information.