Qualifications for entry for students from Bangladesh
All of our courses require different levels of qualifications for entry and the details provided below are for guidance only.
The following qualifications from Bangladesh will be considered for entry on to undergraduate programmes
- International Baccalaureate
- GCE A-levels
For details of standard UCAS tariff points for undergraduate entry, please visit the UG entry webpage.
Students who have completed the High School Certificate (HSC) will be required to complete a Foundation year before entering onto an undergraduate course.
We have links with partner colleges in the UK that deliver international foundation years.
Students with a CGPA of 5 at HSC can submit applications for consideration for entry to undergraduate courses without the need for a foundation year. Students completing HSC may be considered for entry onto the following courses
- FdSc Aerospace Technology
- Extended Degree Programme Biosciences (foundation year)
- FdSc Computer-aided Design Technologies
- Extended Degree Programme Engineering (preparatory year)
- FdSc Forensic and Security Technologies
- FdSc Multimedia Technologies
- Extended Degree Programme Health and Social Care Professions (Previously called Foundation Degree)
- FdSc Internet and Business Technologies
- FdSc Multimedia Technologies
- FdSc Network Technologies
- Foundation Degree Performing Arts
- FdEng Railway Engineering
Students who have completed the following qualifications will be considered for direct entry to year 2 or more of an undergraduate programme
- Bachelor degree (from a private university)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) (Honours)
Sheffield Hallam welcomes applications from international school students taking the International Baccalaureate Diploma and those achieving 28 points or more will usually be successful in obtaining an offer of a place on our undergraduate programmes. For information about IB points equivalencies against the UCAS tariff please visit the UCAS website.
Pre-masters programme (Graduate Diploma)
The following qualifications will be considered for entry on to pre-masters programmes.
- Master of Arts, Science or Commerce
- an OND or HND with a minimum of 'upper credit' and at least two years' relevant work experience
- a degree in a subject considered unsuitable for direct entry to a master's programme - 'conversion' students
Postgraduate taught programmes (masters)
The following qualifications will be considered for entry on to postgraduate taught programmes
- Bachelor degree (four years duration from a private university rated as 'Good' by UGC
- Bachelor degree (four years in duration) from BUET
- Bachelor degree (in a professional subject from a public institution)
- Master of Engineering and Master of Science (Engineering)
- Master of Law (LLM)
- successful completion of a recognised pre-masters course
Postgraduate research programmes
The following qualifications from Pakistan will be considered for entry on to postgraduate research programmes (MPhil/PhD)
- Master Degree (from BUET)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
In most cases, students are required to submit a full application for PhD study, including a formal research proposal.
You can find further information on all our undergraduate and postgraduate courses on our online prospectus.
All applicants are required to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification before entering a University undergraduate or postgraduate programme, such as IELTS or TOEFL. As a guideline the minimum IELTS requirement is IELTS 5.5 for pre-masters programmes, and IELTS 6.0 for other academic programmes. Please note that some courses may have higher English language requirements.
For further information on English language entry requirements and accepted qualifications see our English language page