Qualifications for entry for students from Pakistan
Students who perform well in the following qualifications will be considered for entry onto Sheffield Hallam undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses.
All of our courses require different levels of qualifications for entry and the details below are for guidance only.
Entry onto International Foundation Programme
- Intermediate/Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- Diploma of Associate Engineer or Diploma in Commerce (only offered in Punjab)
Entry onto Extended Degree Programmes (Foundation year)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- Diploma of Associate Engineer
- Diploma in Commerce
Entry onto the first year of a Sheffield Hallam undergraduate degree (Bachelor Degree)
- A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) at good grades. Please refer to our course pages for the correct UCAS tariff.
- Intermediate / Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) with high scores
- Suitable Foundation programme
- Two year Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) degrees.
Advanced entry (onto Year 2 or Year 3) of a Sheffield Hallam undergraduate degree
- Two year Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) degrees
- Three year Honours Degrees in Arts, Commerce or Science
- Bachelor of Science in Home Economics
Entry onto postgraduate taught degrees (Master's Degree)
- Bachelor of Technology (Honours) / 'BTEC Honours'
- Four year Bachelor Degree
- Four year Bachelor degrees in professional subjects (Bachelor of Home Economics (Honours), Architecture (BArch), Medicine (MBBS), Agriculture (BScAgr), Dentistry (BDS), and Engineering (BScEngg, BEngg) Four year National Diploma in Design (National College of Arts, Lahore) with portfolio
- 'Postgraduate' Bachelor Degrees (Bachelor degree in Law (LLB), taken as a three year PGT qualification; Bachelor of Education (BEd), taken as a one year PGT qualification; Bachelor of Library Science (BLibSc))
- Three year Honours Degrees in Arts, Commerce or Science when awarded by a state University within a relevant discipline plus 12 months relevant work experience or professional/further study
- Master's degree (following a '2+2' or 4 year Bachelors Degree)
Entry onto postgraduate research degrees (MPhil / PhD)
- Master's degree (following a '2+2' or 4 year Bachelor's Degree) within related academic disciplines and subject to research proposal where appropriate. Please see research web pages for details
English language requirements
Please check our English language page for further details.
You can find further information on all our undergraduate and postgraduate courses on our online prospectus.
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact our South Asia Office.
South Asia office
Telephone +91 (0)11 23706239- 41
Country Manager, Lahore Office
Name: Umair Riaz
Phone +92 (0)42 36134290, + 92 (42) 3575 9087
Mobile +92 (0) 331 575 7640