Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
Applications are now closed for 2017/18 Commonwealth Scholarship Commission shared awards. We will update this page with details of how to apply for 2018/19 once these have been confirmed by the Scholarship Commission. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Sheffield Hallam University participates in the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) and welcomes applications from students for this prestigious award. The CSSS covers tuition fees, living and travel costs for the duration of a full-time taught masters course.
In 2017/18 Sheffield Hallam University will be allocating three CSSS scholarships. The deadline for applications is 29 March 2017.
Who can apply for a CSSS award?
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a Commonwealth developing country (see list below), and not be currently living or studying in a developed country
- By August 2017, hold a first degree of either first or upper second class (2:1) level or lower second class (2:2) level plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- have not previously worked for one year or more in a developed country
- have not undertaken tertiary studies outside their home country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they nor their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- return to their home country within one month of the end of their course
- have an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University for one of the following courses starting in 2017/18
How can I apply?
Please submit your application via the CSSS electronic application system.
Please include the following documents in your online application
- a copy of your IELTS certificate (or equivalent)
- copies of your qualifications
If you do not include these supporting documents, then your application could be delayed. You can add the documents as a PDF to your online application.
If you have any queries about the electronic application system, please contact email@example.com.
Can I apply for other scholarships and discounts?
You can apply for as many scholarships as you like. If successful, you can only accept one scholarship or discount.
List of developing Commonwealth countries
* Awards are offered to build the capacity of civil society organisations.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites