GREAT scholarships are offered in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Scholarships 2021 Campaign. They are exclusively for students domiciled in India, Indonesia and Thailand starting a full-time postgraduate taught course in September 2021.
The scholarships provide a £10,000 tuition fee waiver for the first year of study on postgraduate taught courses.
Scholarships are awarded to students domiciled in India, Indonesia and Thailand who can demonstrate excellent academic achievement. Applicants also need to describe how they will stand out from the crowd as an ambassador for Sheffield Hallam University, the GREAT campaign and UK Higher Education during and after their studies.
To apply please complete our GREAT Scholarship application form.
The deadline to apply is 31 May 2021.
For more information please visit the British Council website.
Who can apply?
This scholarship scheme is part of the GREAT Scholarships 2021 campaign, launched by the British Council together with 41 UK universities to support postgraduate students from selected countries to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must
- be domiciled in India, Indonesia and Thailand
- have accepted an offer for a full-time taught postgraduate course starting in September 2021 at Sheffield Hallam University
- be fully self-funding your studies. This means that you are not receiving any funding for your studies from an external source such as a government, a scholarship provider, a company or an employer
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips and tuition fees for subsequent years of study
You are not eligible to apply if you
- have already started the course for which you are applying for a scholarship
- have previously received a scholarship for a course at the same level of study
- are receiving full or partial funding for your studies from a sponsor or other scholarship provider
- are applying to study a Sheffield Hallam course at a partner institution outside the UK
- do not hold an offer of a place on a course at Sheffield Hallam University. We strongly advise applicants to accept their offer as we reserve the right to only consider applicants for a scholarship if they have accepted an offer for their course of study
Terms and conditions
- You must be domiciled in India, Indonesia or Thailand
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees.
- This offer is applicable to the full-time taught postgraduate degree programmes in September 2021.
- You will only receive the award for your first year of study.
- You must not have previously studied at Sheffield Hallam. If you have, visit our Alumni Scholarships page.
- Your fee cannot also be discounted by another arrangement such as a corporate contract or partnership discount.
- You may qualify for both an award and a scholarship but you will only be eligible to receive one of these offers. You would be able to accept the highest award or scholarship that you are offered.
- You must meet the entry requirements in your offer letter before you can enrol.
- If you are eligible for the award, you are still required to pay any relevant deposits and 50% of the remainder of the discounted fee before or at enrolment.
- All decisions on eligibility for these awards are at the University's discretion and are final.