Study Abroad Scholarship
Study Abroad Scholarships are exclusively for international and European Union (non-UK) students starting a Study Abroad course in 2020–21. A half fee waiver (50% discount) is available.
Scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate excellent academic achievement. Applicants also need to describe how they will stand out from the crowd as an ambassador for Sheffield Hallam University during and after their studies.
We are now accepting scholarship applications for courses starting in January 2021. The closing date for applications is 1 November 2020.
How do I apply?
To apply for a Study Abroad Scholarship for January 2021, please follow these steps
- Apply for a Study Abroad course at Sheffield Hallam. If you have not applied for a course, please visit our online prospectus
- Check you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria listed below
- When you have accepted an offer to study on a course here, apply for a scholarship online using the link below by the closing date of 1 November 2020
- Study Abroad Scholarship application form
- You will be notified if you have been successful within one month of the deadline.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must
- be an international or a European Union (non-UK) fee paying student with an offer for a Study Abroad course at Sheffield Hallam University
- (postgraduate only) – have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the English and academic entry requirements for your course
- (undergraduate only) – must meet the English and academic entry requirements for the course
- have accepted an offer for a full-time taught undergraduate or postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University
- be fully self-funding your studies. This means that you are not receiving any funding for your studies from an external source such as a government, a scholarship provider, a company or an employer
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips and tuition fees for subsequent years of study
You are not eligible to apply if you
- have already started the course for which you are applying for a scholarship
- have previously received a scholarship for a course at the same level of study
- are receiving full or partial funding for your studies from a sponsor or other scholarship provider
- do not hold an offer of a place on a Study Abroad course at Sheffield Hallam University. We strongly advise applicants to accept their offer as we reserve the right to only consider applicants for a scholarship if they have accepted an offer for their course of study
Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information provided in the online scholarship application form.
You must provide your eight digit Student Identifier (SI) number on the online scholarship application form. This is given to you by the University when your course application has been processed.
Study Abroad scholarships are awarded as a tuition fee reduction and apply to fees payable in the first year of study only. No cash alternative is available.
Study Abroad scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to a later start date.
Only one financial incentive (scholarship or award) is permitted for each course of study.
The University reviews and updates our scholarship offer annually, therefore the offer is subject to change each academic year.
All decisions are at the University's discretion and are final.
Please see our frequently asked questions.