International Experience Team
We are a dedicated specialist team, supporting international students throughout your time at Sheffield Hallam.
Our services start before you arrive in the UK. We offer advice and information to help you plan your journey to Sheffield and prepare for studying at Sheffield Hallam University. For more information please visit the visa information page.
If you need visa advice before you arrive in the UK, please contact the International Experience Team by completing our online enquiry form. Our specialist advisers will answer your questions and can check your application before you submit it.
On arrival we offer
- an airport pick-up service from Manchester Airport
- a dedicated Meet and Greet desk for international and exchange students
- an informative orientation programme
Study and welfare support
We provide advice and guidance on a range of issues affecting study and welfare. Our advisers can also provide guidance on course, assessment and financial issues, and can help you to work through any concerns you might have.
We work closely with Hallam Union and other groups to provide activities and social events throughout the year.
If you need assistance with your visa and immigration issues, you can book an appointment with our experienced international experience advisers. We can submit a visa extension application for you if you qualify for one, and offer support and advice on post-study work visa options.
Phone: +44 (0)114 225 2222
Other support services
- Our international alumni network covers more than 120 countries and is here to help keep all alumni (former students) of Sheffield Hallam University, the Polytechnic and our founding colleges in touch with life at the University.
- Careers Connect helps students develop career management skills and find part-time work while studying.
- Childcare services provides a full-time nursery at Collegiate Campus.
- Counselling service offers students the chance to talk through personal and academic issues.
- Disabled student support provides specialist services and equipment to enable disabled students to take part fully in university life (there may be a charge for some services)
- Hallam Union advice centre offers advice on issues such as accommodation, finance, immigration or academic issues.
- Multifaith Chaplaincy provides information about religious groups in the University and the city, and access to a network of religious advisers from a wide range of faiths.
- University English Scheme offers free English language support to develop your academic reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.