Get in touch
Contact the International Experience Team
Phone: +44 (0)114 225 2222
Help and support
We provide advice and guidance on a range of issues affecting your study and welfare, and can help you to work through any concerns you might have.
If you need assistance with your visa and immigration issues during your course, you can book an appointment with our International Experience Advisers, via Hallam Help. We can assist you to submit a visa extension application if you qualify for one, and offer support and advice on post-study work visa options.
- Our international alumni network covers more than 120 countries and is here to help keep all alumni (former students) of Sheffield Hallam University, the Polytechnic and our founding colleges in touch with life at the University.
- Careers Connect helps students develop career management skills and find part-time work while studying.
- Childcare services provides a full-time nursery at Collegiate Campus.
- Counselling service offers students the chance to talk through personal and academic issues.
- Disabled student support provides specialist services and equipment to enable disabled students to take part fully in university life (there may be a charge for some services)
- Hallam Union advice centre offers advice on issues such as accommodation, finance, immigration or academic issues.
- Multifaith Chaplaincy provides information about religious groups in the University and the city, and access to a network of religious advisers from a wide range of faiths.
- University English Scheme offers free English language support to develop your academic reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.