Skip to content

Frequently asked questions

The following provides answers to frequently asked questions about the TAR UC and Sheffield Hallam dual award programme.

Please use the following quick links to navigate the questions

If you have any more questions, please email or call +603 5631 1328

General questions

What are the requirements to apply for the Dual Award Programme?

If you are studying on one of the following courses at TAR UC, you will have the opportunity to enrol on the TAR UC- Sheffield Hallam Dual Award Programme.

  • Bachelor of Commerce (Hons)
  • Bachelor of Accounting (Hons)
  • Bachelor of Corporate Administration (Hons)
  • Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Marketing
  • Bachelor of Tourism Management (Hons)
  • Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Hons)
  • Bachelor of Retail Management (Hons)
  • Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) in Psychology
  • Bachelor of Construction Management and Economics (Hons)
  • Bachelor of Public Relations (Hons)
  • Bachelor of Communication (Hons) in Media Studies

How many degree certificates will I receive if I successfully complete the Dual Award Programme?

You will receive two separate degree certificates upon successful completion of the Dual Award Programme, one from Sheffield Hallam University and one from TAR UC.

Do I attend 2 graduation ceremonies?

You will be invited to a TAR UC graduation ceremony and a Sheffield Hallam University graduation ceremony in the UK or in Kuala Lumpur.

Admissions and visa questions

How do I join?

Please refer to our website for details.

Do I need a valid passport to apply for the Dual Award Programme?

You do not need a valid passport to apply for the Dual Award Programme. However, you will need a valid passport before your One Semester (3 month) Study Abroad period in Sheffield UK, which will take place in your final year of study.

Do I need to apply for a student visa for the study period in Sheffield, UK?

Malaysia is a non-visa national country so you do not need a visa to enter the UK. You can request a Short-term study stamp, which you will get in your passport on arrival in the UK.

However, if you wish to progress to a postgraduate course immediately after the 3-month study period in the UK, you may wish to apply for the Tier 4 (General) Student Visa. Please email or contact +603 5631 1328 for assistance.

Finance questions

How much is the course fee? What happens if I miss an instalment payment?

Please email or contact +603 5631 1328 for details.

When is payment due?

The total course fee is split over the years studied. The fees are paid in instalments and the number of instalments depends on the entry point, i.e. year 1, year 2 or year 3.

Payment details will be clearly stated in your offer letter. For the majority of students, you will be required to pay at least 50% of the academic year fee upon acceptance of your offer. You will be required to pay the remainder of the academic year fee no later than 12 weeks after enrolment.

Please email or contact +603 5631 1328 for details.

Course related questions

I have failed a TAR UC module but passed all the Sheffield Hallam modules. Can I still receive a Sheffield Hallam award?

You will receive Sheffield Hallam credits but not an award. You must successfully complete the TAR UC degree programme in order to receive a Sheffield Hallam award.

I have failed a Sheffield Hallam module but passed all the TAR UC modules. Can I still receive a TAR UC award?

You will receive a TAR UC award and for the Sheffield Hallam modules that you have passed, you will receive an award of credit.

What happens if I fail a module?

You will have the opportunity to re-sit failed modules at all levels.

What happens if I miss the Sheffield Hallam teaching weeks in Malaysia or the summer semester due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances?

We would always expect students to attend, however in extreme circumstances providing you have completed the required assignment and submitted by the due date, you will have a right to progress. Please contact your course leader for advice.

What assessments are required as part of the Sheffield Hallam modules? When and how will they be submitted?

Assessment methods vary from course to course. Information will be made available to you during the Sheffield Hallam teaching week as well as on the University's Blackboard site (virtual learning environment).

Do I need to take any exams?

Some modules do have an examination element but this is not on all courses.

What support is available from Sheffield Hallam teaching staff when they are not in Malaysia?

Students will have email access to staff via Sheffield Hallam's Blackboard site (virtual learning environment).

When will I get my results to know I have passed the SHU modules?

Students will access their results online after the examination board. They normally take place in February, May and September. More details will be provided during the Sheffield Hallam teaching week.

I am an Accounting student and I am also taking my ACCA exams at the same time. Can I still apply for the Dual Award Programme if I fail any of my ACCA exam papers?

To apply for the Dual Award Programme, you do not need to pass external papers if they do not count towards your TAR UC degree.

Share this page

Cancel event

Are you sure you want to cancel your place on Saturday 12 November?