Staff and groups
- Hedgehogs - aged between 6 and 24 months
- Foxes - aged between 2 and 3 years
- Squirrels - aged between 3 and 5 years
We are a graduate led workforce and are fortunate to have experienced and qualified staff, many of whom have been with us for several years. The staff are the most important resource of any nursery. We support our staff in all areas of personal and professional development in order to improve the standard of service.
Staff ratios in groups are as prescribed by law and are:
- Children aged 0–2 - one member of staff to three children
- Children aged 2–3 - one member of staff to four children
- Children aged 3–5 - one member of staff to eight children
We also have a full time manager, a part time deputy manager and two part time administrators.
We think continuity of care is very important for children in daycare and do everything we can to minimise changes for your child. We always try to keep children with the same peer group, and as much as possible with the same staff. We limit the number of part-time staff for this reason. This gives the children a very stable and secure pre-school experience and enables them to form strong relationships with peers and staff.