The new AWRC building located on the Olympic Legacy Park will open it doors late Autumn 2019.
The AWRC will provide state-of-the-art, fully equipped indoor and outdoor laboratories and a team of over 70 researchers delivering collaborative projects. These researchers, from Sheffield Hallam University, will be drawn from a range of specialities, from sports engineering, materials engineering and software development, to health professions, art and design and psychology.
The AWRC will develop technical services and products from concept to commercialisation, and also complete the academic research which provides confidence that these innovations will not only address market needs, but also generate positive health impacts through increasing levels of physical activity.
The AWRC facilities will include:
- 505 sqm, 7.5m high indoor motion capture lab
- 3G pitch with cameras and tracking instruments
- 3D biomechanical and gait analysis
- Rapid prototyping
- Manufacturing workshop
- High Performance Physical Activity lab
- Electronics, consumer technology and movement analysis
- Human morphology, ultrasound and body composition scanners
- Technology Demonstrator Hub