The AWRC provides state-of-the-art, fully equipped indoor and outdoor laboratories and access to researchers from specialities such as health, art and design, psychology, sport science, engineering and computer science.
We will develop technical services and products from concept to commercialisation, and also complete the academic research which provides confidence that these innovations will not only address market needs, but also generate positive health impacts through increasing physical activity.
The AWRC facilities include
- 500 sqm, 7.5m high indoor 3D movement analysis lab
- 3D morphology scanning lab
- rapid prototyping and makerspace
- design engineering and manufacturing workshop
- human movement and performance lab
- emerging technologies hub
- innovation accelerator with SME co-working facility
- physical activity suite
- clinical floor
- NHS data security and protection toolkit compliant room
- 20 person executive boardroom
- 94 person executive lecture theatre