Our commercial services fall into three categories.
Sport science support programmes
We combine the disciplines of sport science and medicine to improve athletic performance and reduce the risk of injury. Our highly qualified and experienced staff work closely with you to identify performance goals and strategies to meet these goals. Our tailored services include:
- profiling physical, mental and technical attributes relevant to the sport
- interventions to affect these attributes
- evaluations of the effectiveness of programmes
We currently offer specialised programmes in golf, cycling, motor sports, combat sports, tennis and football. However we can work with athletes from any individual or team sport.
Our services have been used by athletes including the former world champion downhill mountain biker Steve Peat, professional heavyweight boxer Dave Howe and 2010 FIFA World Cup final referee Howard Webb.
Squads and teams we've worked with include GB Women's Volleyball, GB Table Tennis, Sheffield Eagles Rugby League Club and Sheffield Civica Hockey Club.
Product testing and research
We can evaluate products and help you develop them through scientific research. Products might include:
- nutritional supplements – an increasing market as recent changes to European
- legislation dictate that any affect must be proven valid before claims can be made of their health benefits
- clothing – particular those claiming environmental effects which can be tested in our environmental chamber
- sport equipment and training aids
Workshops and training
We can deliver workshops and training to coaches, parents and athletes.