We regularly apply for funding on specific projects in collaboration with businesses. We may also be able to help you find funding to work with us, if necessary. All correspondence will be confidential.
Innovation Futures is an ERDF-funded initiative through which the University supports Yorkshire businesses to innovate and develop their services, products and processes. At C3RI, the project is led by our Interaction Design team, who help businesses turn bright ideas into projects that add real value.
We typically work with organisations for up to five days and more in some circumstances. With expertise across the University to draw on, we create a bespoke package of consultancy unique to each business. That might include developing prototypes, conducting user research, or simply a one-off workshop.
Clients come in all shapes and sizes, from small businesses to larger SMEs. Our objective is to work on projects that will have a significant impact on the company, where the end result is growth and new jobs.
For more information about Innovation Futures, please contact Shirley Lindley by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0114 225 6787.
Design Action started in January 2014 and provides innovation-based support to Yorkshire and Humber SMEs in the Healthcare Technologies (HCT) sector. It helps businesses develop and bring new products and services to market through access to appropriate university expertise.
Design Action gives flexible, multi-disciplinary support to companies in a priority sector. It helps them
- develop new products and enter new markets
- understand and apply user-centred design
- engage clinicians, end-users, and commissioners
- understand needs for their product, process or service
- ensure new products are technically, practically, and economically fit for market
- access funding to enable accelerated innovation
- comply with relevant legislation and meet quality assurance standards
- evidence marketing and product claims
- increase efficiency and improve sustainability and cost-savings
- embrace a culture of innovation.
SMEs can access university expertise in research and consultancy. We can help with a specific technical issue, an idea for a new or improved product or process, or offer support to create a cogent health economic case for adopting a product.
You can find case studies on our Healthcare Technologies Hub.
For more information about any of these initiatives, please contact Shirley Lindley by emailing email@example.com or by phoning 0114 225 6787
The project is part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and runs until the end of June 2015.