What we do
We conduct an extensive range of research, evaluation and development work in the field of health and social care. Our aim is to provide high quality research and development which is useful and relevant to policy makers, managers and practitioners.
Research and evaluation projects are designed specifically to suit individual customer's needs and we undertake both short-term and long term contracts. We work closely with our clients to ensure we deliver services which meet their requirements, and have experience working with a broad customer base, including
- health authorities
- social services departments
- local councils
- voluntary and community organisations
- government agencies
We are able to offer highly developed expertise in a broad range of research approaches including evaluation, case studies, action research, participatory methods, surveys and qualitative methods. Several members of our team have experience of working in the health and social care sectors and/or with voluntary organisations in the UK and internationally.
A number of the team have honorary academic appointments with universities in several European countries, and we collaborate extensively with universities in Europe, North American, Australia, the East Asia and the Middle East.
Our main areas of expertise reflect our research programmes. These include:
- Health services delivery and Public Health - Professor Shona Kelly
- Cancer, Palliative Care & End Of Life - Professor Karen Collins
- Maternal, Infant & Reproductive Health - Professor Hora Soltani
- Behaviour change - Dr Jeff Breckon
- Clinical and imaging biomarkers of disease and illness: applications of technology - Professor Charmaine Childs