ACES - Advancing the three cycle system in social work education in six European countries
Lead investigators Peter Nelson, Malcolm Whitfield, Mark Doel
Funded by EU Tempus
Dates 2009 - 2012
The overall aims of the programme is to embed social work education in the two former countries of the Soviet Union, to integrate practice and research in a more effective way, and share and disseminate best practice in social work practice, education and research. The programme is a collaboration between CHSCR and the Department of Social Work at Sheffield Hallam University with partners at Tbilisi State University (Georgia), Ljubljana University (Slovenia), University of Kiev Mohyla Academy (Ukraine), Tallinn University (Estonia) and Vilnius Pedagogical University (Lithuania).
The aims encompass six projects
- Establish social work PhD programmes in Georgia and Ukraine
- Regional social work education provision in Batumi, Georgia
- Regional social work education provision in Uzhhorod, Ukraine
- Founding a journal of social policy and social work (Ukraine/Georgia)
- Develop and teach an international social work module (all 6 countries)
- Develop an articulated Masters in Social Care between SHU and TSU
Full details are available here.
Peter Nelson, Principal Lecturer - BA, MA, CQSW, CTLHE, registered social worker
Professor Malcolm David Whitfield - Assistant Dean, Research and Innovation PhD,MBA, RGN, RMN
Susan Dodd - Research and Contracts Support Officer