Frequently asked questions
Updated 13 June 2022
We know you’re looking forward to returning to exercise with us and some of you will have questions about this.
This page outlines what is currently open, how we are managing gym memberships and what is happening with our social, league and team sports programmes.
If you don't find the information you need here, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page
What is open?
The Sports Park is open. If you are interested in making a booking please contact email@example.com.
Collegiate & City Campus Gyms are open. Further details are included in the FAQ’s, customer emails and on our social media channels. If you have any questions or queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are working with CHART (Covid Help, Advice and Reporting Team) to protect and support our customers though effective contact tracing. If you test positive or suspect you have COVID-19, please notify us by completing the online form.
We will also be using our booking and attendance records to assist the CHART team in contacting members should it be required. NHS COVID-19 app posters with QR codes are also on display in all our venues which you can scan to check in.
Please do not visit the facilities if you experience any of the COVID-19 symptoms such as a fever, new cough, loss of taste or smell or shortness of breath. As per the government guidelines, you should self-isolate for 10 days if you present with any of the symptoms.
Covid Secure facilities
- Capacity levels have been set to allow for social distancing
- Equipment has been moved or marked as out of order to allow for social distancing
- Screens have been placed around our reception desks and staff have been provided with visors and masks to wear should they either be required to do so or for their comfort
- Customer journeys have been altered throughout the venue to assist with social distancing with alternative entrances, exits and one-way systems implemented where possible
- All venues have been deep cleaned and rigorous cleaning measures have been implemented
- Windows are open to allow as much ventilation as possible
Becoming a member
Memberships are available to purchase, for information about memberships and to join the gym visit s
If you paid for your membership upfront
All memberships were frozen when the facilities were closed. Upon reopening all memberships will become active (unless an additional freeze request is made) and membership end dates will be extended to reflect the period of closures (17th March - 4th October, 5th November - 1st December & 5th January - 11th April).
If you pay via direct debit
Direct debit payments are active when the facilities are open unless you contact us to request otherwise. If you wish to make amendments to your account you can do so by completing the appropriate online form on our website.
Freezing your membership
We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances are different, so we are happy to freeze your membership until you feel safe enough to return. To freeze your membership please fill out our freeze membership form. When the facilities are closed all memberships are automatically frozen for the duration of the closure.
Using Sheffield City Trust facilities
Sheffield City Trust fitness facilities are open. Further information about their opening hours and updated procedures are available on the Sheffield City Trust website.
The Collegiate & City Campus gym is currently open 7am - 10pm Weekdays and 9am - 5pm at Weekends.
Members must follow the University guidelines on face coverings. We will not be making it mandatory for members to wear face coverings whilst in the gym. We ask that you frequently wash your hands and use the cleaning products provided.
Changing rooms and showers
The changing rooms and showers are open and available to use as usual.
Lockers will be available to use as no clothing or bags are allowed in the fitness areas.
Water fountains are however, you must use a bottle or cup, you can no longer drink directly from the tap.
More information on Group Fitness Classes, including the timetable is available on the fitness class webpage. We have extra precautions in place to ensure your safety, this includes:
- Reduced capacities
- Music volume reduced to negate the necessity for instructors to shout
- No shared equipment - all equipment will be sanitised before and after the class. Feel free to wipe down before use, you will be asked to wipe all equipment you have used at the end of the class
- Antibacterial spray and hand wipes plus cloths and tissue paper will all be available, please do not bring your own hand towel
1-1 Fitness sessions with an instructor
1-1 personal programming sessions with an instructor are now available. You can book an appointment online using your online account details.
To allow for our customers to socially distance we have had to reduce the number of customers in each area at one time. All activities will have a capacity limit which follows both Government and National Governing body guidelines.
The gym has been deep cleaned prior to re-opening. Gym staff will clean equipment throughout the day plus, there will be periods of downtime between gym sessions to allow for cleaning.
We have ensured that all our equipment has a minimum of 2 spacing. We’ve had some equipment removed to allow this. Some of the larger equipment like treadmills will only have alternating ones operational. This will allow everyone in the gym to train safely.
During this time, it’s a team effort between the staff and members in the gym to all work together to keep each other safe. We ask that all members:
- Wipe down their equipment before and after use (our Fitness Team will also supplement this cleaning)
- Wipe down the weights before returning to the racks after use
- Follow signage and floor markers facilitating one-way systems and social distancing
- Personal towels will not be permitted in the gym or fitness class areas.
- Please use the cleaning cloths provided
- Cancel pre-booked activity at least 1 hour before the start time to allow other members to book if you cannot attend
Joining Sports Teams
We’re working with our sports clubs to create a great team experience while keeping to government guidance. To find out more about our sports teams visit our Sport Clubs A-Z and select the sport you are interested in.
Social sport sessions
More information including the timetable is available on the social sport webpage
If you are interested in a joining a league when please email email@example.com