Performance Athlete Support Programme
Our Performance Athlete Support Programme allows talented student athletes to balance university life whilst achieving their sporting potential.
Applications are now closed for the 2021/22 academic year. Applications for 2022/23 will reopen in January 2022.
Performance athlete scholarships
Students on the programme are awarded financial assistance to help with costs such as course fees, accommodation, sport science support or competition expenses.
Our comprehensive support package
The programme's support package is worth up to £3,000 and includes:
- Financial support of up to £1000
- Team Hallam membership (BUCS training, facility usage, travel, insurance and coaching)
- Unlimited access to our sport and fitness facilities and programmes
- Bespoke strength and conditioning programmes and testing
- Physiotherapy including screening, massage, prehab and reactive services
- Sports psychology and lifestyle one-to-ones
- Lifestyle workshops and one-to-ones
- Nutrition workshops and one-to-ones
- Anti-doping workshops and support
- An online athlete monitoring platform
- Financial assistance towards competing in BUCS competitions and international student competitions
- Preferential accommodation allocation
- A commitment to academic flexibility to ensure you can compete and train whilst completing your degree
- Performance Athlete squad kit
- If you are an applicant and have not yet started your studies at Sheffield Hallam, we will make you a preferential offer, with a lower tariff requirement than our standard entry criteria (as published on our online prospectus) to support your progression to higher education whilst balancing your sporting commitments.
Performance Athlete Support Programme application
All applications are considered and reviewed against set criteria by the University's Sports Scholarship Award panel. You will be informed if your application is successful as soon as possible.
We accept applications from students in all years of study, including postgraduate and part-time studies, and from every programme area and college, including international students.
You need to re-apply for each year of your studies.
Applications received without the required references/evidence will not be considered. Please give as many details as possible.