Performance Athlete Support Programme
PASP Athletes 2022-23
Our Performance Athlete Support Programme (PASP) allows talented student athletes to balance university life whilst achieving their sporting potential.
Our comprehensive support package
The programme's support package is worth up to £3,000 and includes:
- Financial support from a scholarship of up to £1000 (eligible students only, see below for more detail)
- Team Hallam membership (BUCS* training, facility usage, travel, insurance and coaching)
- Unlimited access to our sport and fitness facilities and programmes
- Bespoke strength and conditioning programmes and testing
- Physiotherapy including screening, massage, prehab and reactive services
- Sports psychology one-to-ones
- Lifestyle workshops and one-to-ones
- Nutrition workshops and one-to-ones
- Anti-doping workshops and support
- An online athlete monitoring platform
- Financial assistance towards competing in BUCS competitions and international student competitions
- Preferential accommodation allocation
- A commitment to academic flexibility to ensure you can compete and train whilst completing your degree
- Performance Athlete kit bundle
- If you are an applicant and have not yet started your studies at Sheffield Hallam, we will make you a preferential offer, with a lower tariff requirement than our standard entry criteria (as published on our online prospectus) to support your progression to higher education whilst balancing your sporting commitments.
*BUCS – British University & College Sport
Performance athlete scholarships
Students who have been accepted onto the programme may also be awarded financial assistance up to £1000, to help with the costs of student/sporting life. Eligible students will be notified that they are to receive a scholarship and the value of their award once their place on the programme has been confirmed.
The awarding of scholarships is impacted by the number of applicants and which sports are currently supported by the University’s Sport Strategy.
Performance Athlete Support Programme application
Applications open at the end of January and close in August for the upcoming academic year. All applications are considered and reviewed by the University's Sports Scholarship Award panel.
We accept applications from students in all years of study, including postgraduate and part-time studies, and from every programme area and college, including international students.
You need to re-apply for each year of your studies.
Find out more information or apply
Phone: 0114 225 3000