Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS)
The Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS) is a government initiative funded by Sport England. It supports talented young athletes who wish to progress with education and sport simultaneously. Athletes are granted a place on the programme through National Governing body nomination. (Not applicable to International Students).
As a TASS Accredited Centre, we have supported several athletes and are proud that many have gone on to represent team GB.
- Phil Roper and Hollie Webb are a part of the GB hockey senior team and competed for England at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- Georgina Callingham when on to represent Team GB at the London 2012 Paralympics in shooting.
- Jade Etherington won numerous medals at Sochi 2014 Paralympics in disability skiing.
- Joel Miller and Dami Bakare competed in London 2012 as part of the volleyball team.
Athletes must be competing at national or international level in their sport and be nominated for a TASS award by their national governing body.
The scheme provides athletes with:
- a tailored package of services including strength and conditioning, lifestyle support and physiotherapy
- access to sports nutrition and sports psychology support
- an expense allowance of £500
Visit the TASS website for details.