Skip to content

  1. Study here
  2. Accommodation
  3. Support
  4. Special requirements and care leavers

Special requirements and care leavers

Special requirements

We have a number of adapted rooms for disabled students and we try to allocate you the accommodation most suitable for your needs and requirements. If you're disabled, have a medical condition or sensory impairment; please provide details on your accommodation application.

All information is treated with confidence. If you choose not to disclose your disability or impairment, we may not be able to offer you alternative accommodation at a later date.

Sheffield Hallam University is committed to the principles of inclusion and equal opportunities. Our disabled student support team offers advice, information and guidance.

Gender preference

Wherever possible all flats within halls will be allocated on a mixed gender basis. Any preference or requirement for single gender accommodation must be supported with further details for consideration. However, no guarantee can be made where demand is high and may result in allocation to a residence which is an alternative to your preferred ones and in some cases may also be above your preferred budget. Please consider your requirements carefully before making a request for single gender accommodation.

Accommodation support for care leavers

We're committed to supporting students who have been in care at any time before starting university.

We can help you find a suitable place to live throughout the whole calendar year, and we can help in other areas of your student life through a dedicated member of staff and a variety of support programmes.

For more information email the care leave coordinator at care@shu.ac.uk

Cancel event

Are you sure you want to cancel your place on Saturday 12 November?