Extended Degree Programme
What is an extended degree?
Extended degrees are an alternative route into studying a full degree. You take a one-year course which allows you to progress on to the first year of one of our undergraduate degree programmes.
Why study an extended degree?
An extended degree could be right for you, if
- you don’t yet have the right qualifications for a full degree in your chosen subject
- you have the qualifications but you don’t feel ready for degree-level study yet
- you're returning to study and feel you need some help to get up to speed with the demands of learning before starting an undergraduate degree
What are the benefits?
- The extra year helps you adapt to life at uni, and a different way of learning, as you transition to degree level study.
- It will provide you with a strong foundation of knowledge, academic and practical experience in your chosen subject, ensuring you are equipped to successfully complete your full degree programme.
- As the extended degree year forms part of your full degree programme you will be able to apply for financial support from Student Finance England.
Our extended degree courses
- Art and design
- Biosciences and Chemistry
- Engineering and Mathermatics
- Media Arts and Communication