For the academic years 2019/20 and 2020/21, you could qualify for a scholarship towards your postgraduate course fees if you have studied with us before.
Our alumni scholarships are open to UK/EU and international graduates on most full-time and part-time courses.
• £1,000 Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
You may be eligible for this scholarship if you have been awarded a full Sheffield Hallam undergraduate degree and are enrolling onto a postgraduate taught course.
The scholarship also applies to students who have completed the Study Abroad programme at Sheffield Hallam and Exchange students who have studied at Sheffield Hallam for a semester or a year on a non-degree awarding programme.
• 10% Postgraduate Research Scholarship
You may be eligible for this scholarship if you have been awarded a full undergraduate degree or postgraduate taught degree at Sheffield Hallam and are enrolling onto a postgraduate research course.
How to apply
There is no need to apply. You'll automatically receive our Alumni scholarship when you receive an offer on the Masters course and if you meet the eligibility criteria. The scholarship is a discount off the fee and it will be automatically deducted from the tuition fees.
• Alumni scholarships are only available to students on non-regulated postgraduate courses. You will not be eligible for these scholarships if you are studying on Department of Health funded courses, PGCE programmes or the Masters in Architecture.
• Alumni scholarships are only available to students who have been awarded a Sheffield Hallam undergraduate degree (or a Sheffield Hallam postgraduate taught degree for the 10% Postgraduate Research Scholarship). You will not be eligible for these scholarships if you have only completed a foundation degree or HND programme with us.
• For part time students, the £1,000 scholarship will be applied at £500 per year for the first two years of the course. There will be no scholarship applied from year three onwards. If the part time course is only one year in duration, the student will be eligible for a £500 scholarship applied in year one.
• If you complete your masters degree in stages (i.e. PgCert, PgDip, Masters) then you will only be eligible for a maximum of £1,000 scholarship during your study on that course.
• Alumni scholarships are only available to students who are enrolled on an award bearing postgraduate course. You will not be eligible if you only enrol for one module.
• Students are only eligible for one scholarship per course; if your fee has already been reduced by another arrangement then you will not be eligible for an alumni scholarship.