For the academic years 2021/22, you could qualify for a discount towards your postgraduate course fees if you have studied with us before.
Our alumni scholarships are open to UK and international alumni on many full-time courses. Please note you are only eligible for one scholarship, discount or award.
If you are graduating in 2021, you have exclusive access to a different range of special offers to support your continued studies at Sheffield Hallam. Visit our Class of 2021 postgraduate study page to find out more.
• 2021/22 £2,000 Alumni Postgraduate Scholarship
For those applying for courses starting in 2021/22, we are offering a larger £2,000 discount on many of our postgraduate courses.*
To be eligible, you must have completed a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree or PhD from Sheffield Hallam University prior to 2020/21, you must be eligible for Home fees or International fees, and you must be applying for an eligible full-time or distance learning course starting in 2021/22. If you are eligible for other discounts or scholarships, you should receive the discount with the highest value.
*A list of eligible courses can be found here.
• £1,000 Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
You may be eligible for this scholarship if you have been awarded a full Sheffield Hallam undergraduate degree and are enrolling onto a postgraduate taught course.
You may also be eligible if you have been awarded a full Sheffield Hallam postgraduate degree and are enrolling onto a second postgraduate taught course.
The scholarship also applies to students who have completed the Study Abroad programme at Sheffield Hallam and Exchange students who have studied at Sheffield Hallam for a semester or a year on a non-degree awarding programme.
• 10% Postgraduate Research Scholarship
You may be eligible for this scholarship if you have been awarded a full undergraduate degree or postgraduate taught degree at Sheffield Hallam and are enrolling onto a postgraduate research course.
How to apply
To access the discount you just need to apply as normal and an Alumni scholarship will be applied automatically if you meet the eligibility criteria. Please note you are only eligible for one scholarship, discount or award and if you are eligible for multiple offers the one with the highest value will be applied.
You will also be entitled to the scholarship if you have already applied for or accepted an offer on an eligible course (and meet the other eligibility criteria). The scholarship is a discount off the fee and it will be automatically deducted from the tuition fees.
To make an enquiry, please chat to a member of our enquiries team online 10am-4pm on Monday to Friday.
• Alumni scholarships are only available to students on non-regulated postgraduate courses. You will not be eligible for these scholarships if you are going to study on Department of Health funded courses, PGCE programmes or the Masters in Architecture (with the exception of the 2021/22 MArch Architecture alumni fee discount offer outlined on the Class of 2021 page).
• Postgraduate Taught Scholarships are only available to students who have been awarded a Sheffield Hallam undergraduate degree or a Sheffield Hallam postgraduate taught degree. You will not be eligible for these scholarships if you have only completed a foundation degree, degree apprenticeship or HND programme with us.
• For part-time students, the £1,000 Postgraduate Taught Scholarship will be applied at £500 per year for the first two years of the course. There will be no scholarship applied from year three onwards. If the part time course is only one year in duration, the student will be eligible for a £500 scholarship applied in year one.
• If you complete your masters degree in stages (i.e. PgCert, PgDip, Masters) then you will only be eligible for a maximum of £1,000 scholarship during your study on that course.
• Alumni scholarships are only available to students who are enrolled on an award bearing postgraduate course. You will not be eligible if you only enrol for one module.
• Students are only eligible for one scholarship, discount or award per course; if your fee has already been reduced by another arrangement then you will not be eligible for an alumni scholarship.