AESSEAL® scholarships for women in engineering
Thanks to generous donations from global engineering manufacturer AESSEAL, the Department of Engineering and Mathematics at Sheffield Hallam University is offering a limited number of bursary awards to eligible female students on engineering courses. The bursary of £200 - £2,000 is for full time, UK domiciled students who are recognised as having Home fee status and meet the eligibility criteria.
Am I eligible?
The AESSEAL bursary is available to students who are:
- Enrolled on a designated course on a full time basis (download a course list)
In addition, priority will be given to students who are within the following groups:
- students on a high intensity or high cost course, or a course with a high cost placement
- students with caring responsibilities
- students who are estranged from their family (under 25)
- student parents (with more than one child)
- disabled students
- transgender students
- refugee students
- care leavers
- final year students paying the tuition fee of £9250
How do I apply?
Female students enrolled on eligible courses within the Department of Engineering are invited to apply for the AESSEAL Bursary via the Student Success Scholarship (SSS) application process (see the SSS page for more information).
Eligible applicants will be contacted directly (once the SSS application window has closed) and will be asked to submit a personal statement to support their application for the additional funds.
Applying for the AESSEAL Bursary does not affect entitlement to the main Student Success Scholarship. Payments are made in addition to the Student Success Scholarship meaning that a student may receive more than the maximum of £2,000.
When is the deadline for applications?
Submissions for the AESSEAL Bursary are only available within the first SSS application window.
- Applications open 23rd September 2019
- Applications close 22nd November 2019