Natural and Built Environment scholarships
The Department of Natural and Built Environment (NBE) together with Barratt Developments Plc and Europa Capital are offering four scholarships for undergraduate students joining the department on an eligible course, in September 2020. The scholarships have been made possible through the generous support of donors and aim to support students from disadvantaged or under-represented backgrounds.
Successful applicants will receive a non-repayable grant of £3,000 per year for three years, to help with living costs.
The following undergraduate courses are eligible for the scholarship:
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology
- BSc (Hons) Architecture
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Construction Project Management
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Science
- BSc (Hons) Geography
- BA (Hons) Human Geography
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Real Estate
To be eligible for a 2020/21 NBE Scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have received an offer to study in 2020/21 on an eligible course in the Department of Natural and Built Environment and have made Sheffield Hallam University your first choice by Thursday 18th June 2020.
- You must be classified as a UK home status student for fee purposes and pay the full home tuition fee of £9,250.
- You must have a residual annual household income of less than £42,876 evidenced by a means-tested assessment as part of your application for a student loan.
- You must have already applied to Student Finance (including Student Finance England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and the Student Awards Agency Scotland) to allow enough time for your assessment to be completed before you start at the University.
- This must be your first undergraduate degree, starting in September 2020.
- You must not be eligible for the Care Leavers bursary as you will automatically receive alternative financial support of a higher value than this scholarship.
The closing date for scholarship applications will be September 2020 and students will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of October. Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be contacted directly with full information on how to apply for one of these scholarships when applications open in May 2020.
These scholarships have been made possible through the generous support of donors to Sheffield Hallam University, including housebuilder Barratt Developments plc and real estate investment manager Europa Capital. Applicants who are invited to apply will have the opportunity to be considered for the Barratt Scholarship and the Europa Scholarship as part of their application. Find out more about our donors.